Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dog Easter Egg Hunt

Are you looking for a fun way to celebrate Easter with your dog? I have given Dusty an Easter basket filled with goodies in the past, but this year I thought it would be fun to celebrate with an Easter egg hunt.

First I filled a bunch of easter eggs with some of Dusty's favorite treats.

After all the eggs were full, Dusty and I played a game of Easter themed fetch! Instead of throwing a ball and commanding Dusty to retrieve it for me, I told Dusty to stay while he watched me scatter Easter eggs around. Once I had all the eggs in place I commanded Dusty to fetch! Each time Dusty picked up an Easter egg I had him drop it in an Easter basket, and then I would give him the treat!

Dusty loves to play games, especially when there are treats involved! Do you have anything fun planned for your dog this Easter?
xoxo
Emily 

Credits|| Photography: Emily Verdonk 

6 comments:

  1. How adorable! Love this idea and a great training exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Yes such a great training exercise! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so fun! I don't think my pup would be good at this game, she is still learning the concept behind fetching, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes fetch can be tricky! I taught Dusty by cutting a slit in a tennis ball and putting a treat inside, the only way he could have the treat was if he brought the ball back. It worked great!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! So happy you could stop by A Doodle Dose!

      Delete