1. Trim split ends. You know that old saying that if you trim your hair it will grow faster. This is sort of true. Your hair wont necessarily grow faster but getting a small trim will get rid of split ends that cause hair breakage. I recommend a trim about every 8-12 weeks to maintain your split ends.
2. Exercise and eat healthy. This one is very simple. If your body is healthy, your hair will be healthy.
3. Don't wash your hair every single day. This is where a shower cap comes in handy. Washing your hair every single day can strip out the natural oils that your hair needs to be healthy. Try to wash your hair every other day if possible. If your hair feels a little too greasy on the second day, I recommend a dry shampoo. My favorite is Fresh Dust by Loreal Professionnel.
4. Avoid heat. I know this can be a tricky one. Blow drying, flat ironing and curling are all things that make our hair look beautiful, but they can be very damaging. Try to let your hair air dry as often as you can. If you are going to use heat to style your hair, a heat protectant is a MUST. I love Aveda Damage Remedy.
5. Massage. A great way to boost hair growth is with a good scalp massage. This helps stimulate blood circulation and sends more nutrients to the hair follicles. When you are shampooing your hair, take an extra minute to give your scalp a nice massage!
I go back and forth all the time with my hair. When my hair is long all I do is dream about cutting it off. Once I actually decide to cut it short, the process of growing it out starts all over again! :)
Credits|| Photography: Emily Verdonk