Monday, June 2, 2014

Crowders Mountain


Growing up, my family was always taking little day trips around Michigan. I loved the fact that we could drive an hour or so and be at a beautiful crystal clear lake or explore a funky city. There was always something new to see and do. I think that is one thing that makes living in Charlotte still feel like my home in Michigan, the adventures are endless. Charlotte is in such a perfect location, in just a few hours you can be at breathtaking mountains or the salty ocean. Yesterday Michael, Dusty and I were up for some thrill seeking, so we took a short 40 minute drive outside of Charlotte to Crowders Mountain State Park.

We hiked up the Rocktop Trail, which was about 1.4 miles(not very far, but it was all up hill and very strenuous!). Once we got to the top and had time to catch our breath, we were blown away by the view. It was beautiful! We found a nice spot in the shade to relax for a bit and take in the scenery. If you looked close enough, you could see the Charlotte skyline, which I thought was way too cool!

It was a great day for hiking and just what we needed! Do you have any day trips planned for the summer?

xoxo
Emily

3 comments:

  1. I love the photo of y'all looking over and Dusty is looking at the camera :) This place looks awesome and I can't wait to check it out sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie, your dog reeled me into your blog - hahaha! Excited to be following along now though (for more than the dog of course...lol) CUTE BLOG! and yay for new blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I am so glad you found us! :)

      Delete