Monday, March 3, 2014

Life Begins at the End of Your Comfort Zone


Can you believe it has almost been a WHOLE year since Michael, Dusty and I moved to North Carolina? What a year it has been for us, full of exciting and scary moments. I have attempted many new things, some turned out to be awesome, others not so much. One thing I never thought I would do is become a blogger. Who ever thought I would basically have an online diary that everyone can read? Crazy!

I love blogging, I love the friends I have made through blogging and I love the fact that I don't need an excuse to go to the park and take a bunch of pointless pictures anymore. They are for my blog, duh! In all seriousness this blog has really made me step outside of my comfort zone. Most of you only know me online, I may seem outgoing, but in person I am actually shy and tend to be very quiet and reserved. Through this blog I have even attended meetings with The Charlotte Social. Once a month a bunch of bloggers meet somewhere in Charlotte just to hang out. I attend these meetings alone, not knowing a single person there. It is extremely intimidating!

As Michael and I begin searching for a new place in Charlotte to call home I can't help but look back at this year and reminisce. This past year I have probably cried way too much, but I have learned so much about myself along the way. I feel proud of what I have accomplished and I recommend all of you to step outside of your comfort zone too. It can be very rewarding!

Here's to trying new things!

xoxo 
Emily

5 comments:

  1. Cheers to trying new things! My boyfriend and I recently decided it was time for a change of pace and made a big move right before the new year. We've had ups and downs as well, but are so proud of the life changes we've made in just a few months and for stepping way outside the boundary of what was comfortable. Also, Dusty is SO adorable!! I'm going to have to try those cinnamon pumpkin dog treats for my girl Koda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brooke! Yes moving is very scary, but being able to overcome the hard times makes life that much sweeter! ;) Thanks for stopping by A Doodle Dose!

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to attend a meeting via the Charlotte Social, but the dates never work out. Props to you for going by yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Madison you must come to one! :) It is always a little intimidating but I always end up enjoying myself!

      Delete
  3. I definitely think that we start really living life to its fullest potential when we step outside of our comfort zone. I'm glad that this past year has been a learning process for you and that you've made some new friends and memories!

    ReplyDelete