Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cinnamon Pumpkin Dog Treats


This week at our house we are getting in the mood for fall! Bring on pumpkin EVERYTHING! We have been enjoying yummy treats like pumpkin coffee syrup and pumpkin french toast, so why not share the pumpkin goodness with Dusty too!

I did a little Pinterest research and found all kinds of recipes for pumpkin flavored dog treats. After looking at a bunch of recipes I mixed up my own little concoction.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbs. vegetable oil 
  • 1 Tbs. peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon (Fun fact: Cinnamon helps fight off infections. Dusty has allergies and gets ear infections all the time, I read here that cinnamon should help.)
Heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together until dough forms. Spread on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick, cut with cookie cutters. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!

Dusty wasn't the only one who got to enjoy these tasty treats. They made our house smell so good that Michael and I were tempted to have a taste as well! :)
xoxo 
Emily

4 comments:

  1. I think my Walty will really like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have all of this at home! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dog is precious! I will have to make these pumpkin treats for my dog, she would love them!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! I cant wait till Sunday's recipe!! =)

    ReplyDelete